Sunday 23 November 2014

Week 11: Updates

This week I finished the content of my development document. A commentable version is found here. I also made code changes based on code review.

Furthermore, I pushed some preliminary proof of concept code to discover Freeseer hosts on a client's network. There are a few bugs that I tried to get to the bottom of, but I didn't have much luck. Essentially when Freeseer tries to shutdown after running the server discovery process, I will get an exception that I believe is caused by a race condition.

This is the output I get. My guess is that some race condition is occurring when zeroconf.close() fires in the search() method of freeseer/frontend/controller/discover.py. If i add a 'sleep(1)' directly after it, I don't run into this error.

Anyway, the code that actually does the discovering of servers works fine.

Next week,

Obviously things are starting to wind down, I want to continue working towards closing all my pull requests. Furthermore, I have to format and put my API development document in the development wiki. Finally, I have to write a guide on running freeseer server, what dependencies are necessary, etc, which I will do this week.

My only blocks are that my school work load is getting a little insane.

Until next week,
Brenden Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment